Gevity is different from other consulting companies. That difference lies in our core values that stabilize the foundation for our rapid growth over the past few years. We’ve grown from eight full time employees in 2008 to around 200 today. Each and every one of our employees share and live the Gevity corporate purpose and core values.
Gevity’s corporate purpose is our dedication to helping enable a healthier world though informatics. We firmly believe the work we do is essential to helping support healthier lives and improved health outcomes through connected information systems. Each and every day we all believe we’ll achieve our purpose and our goals by living our core values.
Gevity’s core values are:
- We will make a positive impact
- We will help our clients succeed
- We will do the right thing
- We will strive to be the best
- We will empower people
This poster in PDF format details what these values mean to us and how we apply them in our day-to-day work.
Social and Environmental Management System
Gevity's Social and Environmental Management System (SEMS) is evidence of our singular commitment to ensure our business practices are sensitive to social and environmental impacts. Our SEMS has three main themes:
- Corporate responsibility
- Health and safety
- Environmental protection
Providing the scaffolding that enables us to manage Gevity's social and environmental impacts in a comprehensive manner, our SEMS ensures that we develop, implement and maintain company policies with social and environmental protection in mind.
Our SEMS serves as a foundational tool to:
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and codes of conduct
- Ensure Gevity integrates diversity and inclusion values and practices into corporate processes and enable progress
- Improve environmental performance
- Provide a systematic way of managing our environmental affairs
- Provide an order and sense of structure to address social and environmental concerns by assigning responsibility and continuously evaluating the company’s practices, procedures, and processes
- Provide a process for the continual improvement of the system as a whole
- Ensure our system is compliant with IBM's Supplier Conduct Principles and the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC) Code of Conduct as applied to our work with the IBM organization